Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Final Exam Blog Post: A GREAT Semester !

Electronic Media Production II , also known as EMPII is the second part of the course Electronic media production. this course focuses of electronic media and all its facets from radio, to social media, and different presentation style websites. this class allows to the explore the history and need for the various electronic media sources we use on a daily bases. although it resembles greatly a social media class, its so much more. the class is very hands on and with every project you learn more  about the people around you, and how to better use the things we may not the full potential of.

One of the things we discussed was Twitter. Twitter was created by Jack Dorsey in 2006. finding inspiration form the short yet descriptive conversations of medial dispatchers he came up with his 140 character idea, which expanding to 280 this year. my twitter handle is @LoverandWriter ,I tweet as often as I can. finals eek has been busy so tweeting like how I would like isn't really an option. I like for my timeline to be christian based, inspirational and full of fashion. some people I follow are Sarah Jakes, Stephan Curry, Lebron James, Vouge, Ayesha Curry, Robert Blue, Jay Z, BuzzFeed, Teen Vogue, Seventeen Magazine, FashionBomb Daily. 


                                       
LinkedIN is another soacial media site we discussed. Linkedin in now the go to place for your professionals there you can connect and network with future employers, other employees and supervisors. this is like your online resume. people get to see teethings that you have ben working on and you can endorse a skill or be endorsed for a skill. here is my Linkedin . updating and keeping up with you linked is just like continuously updating your resume and sending it out to employers. it is  very important.      

                                                       

We also discussed Pinterest, this is a site that I have grown to love and really appreciate. The quality of photos and how great is is at giving you visuals for different search topics is amazing. Pinterest is like am online collage. you can put together just about any pictures. its great for people who are into fashion also. This is my Pinterest . I have pinned images of my favorite celebrities or just iconic people, bedroom ideas. hair ideas, and clothing ideas. 

                                           

We also discussed Prize. Press is a unique slideshow and presentation online site. it is so cool in the wide range of templates and affects, it transforms any boring powerpoint into a fun interactive presentation. Press is great for college students, though it is very tedious to use and takes some time get use to,onece you get a hang of it, its simple. for this class I created a Prezi that showed my top ten favorite Disney movies. Take a look My Top !0 Favorite Disney Movies


                                       

We also did a green screen project in this class called; " Where I Want to be"/ Greenscreen this project was so fun and exciting. the project called for us to take a picture in front of the green screen and use it to put oursevles into a setting that shows wee want want to be, visit or do in the future. we had to use adobe Premeire to edit ourselves in the new setting.  As a class we got to see the creative side of the people around us and we were able to get a little more insight on who they were as people and their goals and aspirations. for my project I chose to insert myself on the sideline of a NBA dunk contest, which I somewhere I would love to be one day. at first id didn't like this project because I thought I was confined to using adobe Premeire to edit, which is mainly a video editing tool. photoshop is what I need to make my picture look realistic. when I found out that I could use htoshopp, which was a little late, I made a few edits and tried to fix it as much as I could. when using photoshop you don't need a green screen. Having worked with the green screen since my sophomore year, I was fully aware with how to use it and what it entailed.

 This is the green screen picture that I used, 

This is the Setting I put myself into 

you can find the final picture by looking at my Where I want to be Blog post :)

Finally, one of the last things we've worked on as a class was the Kizoa Project. Kizoa is a new fund nd excited way to make a movie, slideshow or collage. was so special about kizoa is the infinite amount of transitions, affects, and animations that you can put directly on pictures. I think that is so call and I will definitely be using Kizoa for other projects. I think I would have liked it ore if this wasn't the very last project of the semester, because I couldn't really spend a lot of time and attention to the site with all the finals and studying I'm doing. however I am really pleased with how my kizoa came out. we had go around campus and find the various bulldogs that we see, take a picture and incorporate it inout kizoa video. Check out my Kizoa







                                      


I had so much fun in this class. you definitely learn a lot abut the tings that you use on a daily bases, and you learn new ways to do the old things you've been doing. I feel like I'm coming out with a better understanding of social media and a want to be more involved with the would and people around me. this class was very hands on and allowed me to also practice my public speaking skills being that we had to present every project that we did. because of tis class I am now an avid user of interest and am fully aware of new presentation platforms. thank you Mr. Harwood for a great semester !!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment